WHITE HOUSE MEMOPresident Donald J. Trump is taking action to address the opioid epidemic that is decimating families and communities around our nation. In keeping with the President’s campaign promises, the Trump administration is stopping the drugs from flowing across the border, and today the President is hosting a listening session on drug and opioid abuse.MORNING:
- 11:00AM: President Trump hosts an Opioid and Drug Abuse Listening Session
- 3:45PM: President Trump visits the Women’s Empowerment PanelFROM PRESIDENT TRUMPOVAL OFFICE HIGHLIGHTSPresident Trump signs an Executive Order Promoting Energy Independence and Economic Growth.
Read the Executive Order
President Trump’s Energy Independence Policy.
Readout of the President’s Call with the Chancellor of Germany.
Readout of the President’s Call with the Prime Minister of India.
Read MoreWHITE HOUSE UPDATESPhoto of the Day:
President Donald J. Trump signs an Executive Order Promoting Energy Independence at the Environmental Protection Agency Headquarters. (Official White House Photo by Jonathan Gallegos).
View PhotoPRESS ROOMWatch yesterday’s press briefing with Sean Spicer:NEWS REPORTS
- CNBC: “Americans haven’t been this confident about job market since 2001”
- Daily Caller: “Trump Signs Sweeping Order To Dismantle Obama Climate Policies, Promote ‘Energy Independence’”
- The Washington Times: “White House declares ‘the war on coal is over’ as Trump begins unraveling Obama’s climate agenda”